Friday, February 7, 2014

OLIVA NUB 460 MADURO @NUBCIGAR

I'm a huge fan of the NUB brand of cigars.  I first tried a 460 Maduro in a CI sampler pack.  It featured not only the Maduro but the Camaroon, Habana, and Conneticuit!  For those of you not familiar with the NUB brand then read on:

Nub cigars started as a theory. Born in the Oliva factory, a cigar maker was hell-bent on proving he could capture the essence - the core - of a cigar’s flavor immediately upon lighting and throughout the duration of the smoke.  Rather than wait for a cigar to develop and evolve, which typically occurs an inch to two inches in, the idea behind Oliva’s Nub was to specifically blend it to hit its sweet spot right off the bat and remain at its peak right through to the end. Each size is short and stout in stature. That’s by design - not for novelty - as blends and sizes were worked and re-worked a thousand ways from Sunday in order for Nub creator Sam Leccia and the Oliva family to capture the essence of each Nub cigar blend. Anyone can create unusual shapes, each of the Nub blends and accompanying shapes was instead created to summon and deliver the blend’s sweet spot. 

Country: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Brazilian
Price: $6.57
Strength: Full
Length: 4
Gauge: 60


I was hooked after my first NUB so back in November of 2010 I bought a box of NUB 460 Maduros.  I immediately smoked a few then began the long process of letting them age in my humidor which is hard to do because I always want to smoke one!  Well it's been over 2.5 years and I finally decided to have one recently!  I was very pleased.  The cigars have mellowed a bit but still maintain that strong richness that the NUB maduro is known for!  The draw was excellent and the cigar was enjoyable from start to finish!  The burn was true and even!  I nearly finished the stick before the ash fell off but sadly couldn't quite get there!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment