Wednesday, February 26, 2014

CAMACHO BLACKOUT @camachocigars

We finally had some decent weather this past weekend and I definitely took advantage of it by checking out some live Comedy at the Iron Post, DD’n it till 3:00 am complete with strippers but more importantly I was able to enjoy a nice cigar!  I’ve had these Camacho Blackouts in the Ark for a few months now and as the sun warmed things up I broke one out and I wasn’t disappointed!

Country: Honduras
Wrapper: Honduran
Price: $6.00
Strength: Full
Length: 5
Gauge: 50

The new Camacho Limited Edition 2013 utilizes tobaccos from 4 different years. The wrapper was grown in 2006, while the binder is from 2009 with fillers from 2003, 2008, 2009.  The rolled cigars were then aged together for two years, when the marrying process Is normally just a few months.  The cigars prominent dark wrapper is the result of “press-fermentation” and sun ripening.  The result of these processes is a cigar that is full in flavor and body!

Like I mentioned up top I’ve had these in the Ark for a few months now and i’ve definitely been jones’n for one!  The cigar is of excellent construction which should come as no surprise to anyone familiar with Camacho and their respective cigars.  They’re always well-constructed and look great!  I guess the only thing I don’t like about Camacho is their newly designed labels and marketing campaign!  I liked the old art better, but that has dick to do with how their cigars perform which is always top notch!  The Blackout is no different.  The Cigar was a very dark color with a murdered-out label hence the name “Blackout”!  The cigar cut true.  I gave it a few cuts to get the perfect draw.  The dry draw was fine with hints of coffee and oil!  After I lit the foot I gave it a few puffs yielding a dry and bitter taste that was similar to some Nicaraguan cigars I’ve had recently.  The cigar had a hard time staying even throughout the smoke and I had to true it up several times.  I found notes of mocha, coffee, dark chocolate along with earthy and nutty hints.  It was light on my palate and left a pleasant aftertaste!  Camacho lists this as a full strength cigar however I found it to be on the milder side of full…the body was full flavored though! 

I’d say of all the Camacho cigars I’ve tried from the Corojo to the Triple Maduro the Blackout has to be right up there not just in quality but taste!  Despite the chill in the air and he poor even burn this was a very enjoyable cigar!  I enjoyed it with a nice German Coffee blend as well!  That was a great combo to say the least!  Not sure when I’ll get a chance for another cigar with the weather going to shit but this was worth it!  If you’re at a shop that carries Camacho definitely grab a Blackout and see for yourself!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment