Tuesday, February 11, 2014

HOYA DE MONTERAY EPICURE NO. 2

This is another Cuban cigar and like all the ones I’ve previously enjoyed this one had a kick.  I’m not sure if it was the cigar itself or the fact that the place I smoked it was pretty much ventilation free and probably being enclosed in that death room took a few years of my already shortened lifespan.  Maybe it was a combination of the two…who the fuck knows. 

Country: Cuba
Wrapper: Cuba
Price: $9.84
Strength: Medium
Length: 4.8
Gauge: 50


The Epicure No. 2 is a medium bodied cigar.  From the first puff after lighting it was obvious this was a smooth cigar.  Many reviews I’ve read feel this is one of the best cigars of the Cuban Hoya line.  It’s the only one I’ve had but after smoking it I can see how one would feel that way. Kinda like if I fucked Kate Upton…I’d tend to think after that all hot blondes with incredible tits were absolutely fuckable and I probably wouldn’t be wrong.  The first third of the cigar was full of roasty goodness.  After that the cigar took a slight spice to peppery turn.  The last third was again smooth with hints of pepper and cinnamon.  I should also mention the last third was what kicked my ass and prompted a stop at Starbucks to gain my wits! 

All together I thought this was a great cigar.  I liked it better than any non-Cuban Hoya I’ve had.  If I had to compare it with any cigar I’ve had in the past I’d say an Opus or a Davidoff would be comparable with all due respect to all three brands! 



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment