Thursday, February 13, 2014

COHIBA ROBUSTO

This is one of the first Cubans I've tried since the whole Partagas fiasco back in June.  I bought two of these off Bell Hop Cigar.  At $24 a piece you might think these are a bit pricey but I'm one of the very few people who actually benefited financially from getting divorced so I can afford to be stupid at times.  I purchased these to take to Colorado for Steveo and I to enjoy at one of the Cigar bars we hit up from time to time!  








Country: Cuba
Wrapper: Cuba
Price: $24
Strength: Medium-Full
Length: 4.8
Gauge: 50


The Cohiba Robusto is a great example of quality materials, incredible construction and perfect balance between power and flavor.  The Cohiba has a hint of clover among the base flavor of wood and spice!

I've smoked some good cigars over the past few years with Opus X and Davidoff being two of my favorites.  I thought the Cohiba was comparable.  The draw was excellent and the flavor was smooth from start to finish.  It wasn't very complex just basically a workman like smoke with hints of spice and wood just like the description said.  The ash burnt perfect as well as a remarkable even burn.  The smoke was very aromatic as well!  

The only cigar I remember being as enjoyable as the Cohiba was the Davidoff Short Perfecto!  It might have a slight advantage over the Cohiba in taste and definitely price!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment