Tuesday, February 18, 2014

LA AURORA 107 @LaAuroraCigars

This is the second 107 I've tried actually!  The first one I bought at John's Pipe shop in Champaign!  During that time period I was still trying to help my x turn her sorry fucking life around but sadly she was extorting me out of money and I was too stupid to notice!  During that time I was up in Champaign helping her out with what I don't recall but I'm pretty sure it was something worthless!  We stopped in John's and this giant black dude highly recommended I buy this cigar (La Aurora 107)  Even his young son who couldn't have been much older than 18 was in there smoking one!  So I dropped $13.75 and bought the belicoso shape!  In hindsight that $13.75 I spent on that cigar was better money spent than all the money I gave my x after we got divorced!  Ultimately I don't remember smoking this cigar I just remember I smoked it during the great purge of 2011!  So flash forward to a few months back!  I was on my Cigar Monster App for the Iphone and found a 5 pack of 107 robustos so I ordered them up!

Country: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Ecuadorian
Price: $8.40
Strength: Medium
Length: 6.25
Gauge: 52


Crafted in celebration of the 107th Anniversary of La Aurora, this new medium to full-bodied handmade is impressive. Featuring a dark, oily Ecuadorian sun-grown wrapper leaf and a dense long-filler blend from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic, La Aurora 107 unleashes a rich and balanced smoke that’s layered with notes of cedar, spices, earth, and a slightly sweet finish. As it burns, it builds slightly in body and the flavors intensify before an impressively flavorful finale. Beautifully presented in Spanish cedar boxes of 21 cigars.

I smoked the 107 about three days after aforementioned Liga!  Again my smoking buddy was EDG!  I paired the 107 with a Rail Splitter IPA!  The 107 started off a little bitter and I'm not sure if that was from lighting it?  As the cigar progressed I found hints of predominantly wood!  At times throughout the smoke I found there to be a nutty to roasty taste!  The last 3rd was smooth to the end!  The 107 burned nice and even and the draw was excellent!  Overall I enjoyed this cigar and I have 4 more to enjoy!  Sadly every time I look at these it reminds me of that shitty time period so I probably will give these to friends to smoke when they come over!  Happy Smoking!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment