Thursday, February 6, 2014

CAMACHO COYOLAR (BLACK) @camachocigars

I first got this cigar  in a 5 pack sampler a couple of years back.  They've been in the humidor for a while now.  Camacho Coyolar Puro Rothschild Dark Natural cigars set a whole new standard for bold, EXTRA-full-bodied tobacco flavor. These stunning cigars are handmade with a mucho potent blend of all-Honduran-grown long-filler tobaccos grown on the Coyolar farm (where this cigar gets its name). The smoke is well-balanced and warm with dark, earthy, spicy flavors. Best recommended for the cigar smoker with a hard-core palate - seriously! 






Country: Honduras
Wrapper: Maduro
Price: $5.66
Strength: Full
Length: 4.5
Gauge: 50

This cigar took me a good two hours to enjoy!  The cigar had a better than average draw which I’ve found to be the case with all Camachos.  The ash burnt even and true!  The smoke was rich smelling and had hints of spice, but mostly woody. I thought the flavor was a little bitter but I think if I smoked a few more I would acquire a taste for this particular offering from Camacho.  It took me awhile to find the sweet spot and I'm not even sure I ever found it.  I was a fairly smooth smoke all the way from start to finish!  I purchased these off my iPhone app; Cigar Monster through Famous Smoke.  

Of all the Camacho lines I've tried this is probably my least favorite.  For a Cigar just under $7 I thought it could've done more for me.  However when compared to other cigars in a similar category this one holds up well, I just don't see myself ever buying a box like I would with Camacho's triple maduro or Corojo lines.  All that being said try one if you get a chance and make your own judgement!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment