Monday, July 29, 2013

3FLOYD's PERMANENT FUNERAL @3floyds

Are there any beers with a more wicked name than Permanent Funeral?  I don't know and if there are I've yet to try them.  I picked this little number up at Ol Simmerals in Terre Haute one night when me and a few buddies went to watch some kick-ass blue-grass!  The thing about that night is, I was the only one from our group who was comfortable and I would've stayed but my bros insisted on going to a dive bar and checking out white trash bitches!  But before I left I not only sampled Permanent Funeral, but I also was allowed the honored privilege of buying a bottle off the owner of Simmerals!  Many thanks to him, but more importantly many thanks to the man behind introducing me to theFacial Hair Club of Terre Haute.  He was the person who so graciously let me sample Permanent Funeral and introduced me to the owner who sold me my very own bottle to take home to McHooligan's!

Style: American Double/ Imperial IPA
%ABV: 10.50
Brewery 3 Floyd's
Price $16.00
Beer Advocate: 100 WORLD FUCKING CLASS!

I held onto this beer for a few months with the intentions of taking it to Denver to share with Steveo!  I did just that.  We tried this beer after a hard day of climbing Mt. Bierstadt!  If I had to guess Permanent Funeral was not only a collaboration between 3 Floyd's and Pig Destroyer but also Lucifer.  I don't shit when I say that Permanent Funeral is a fantastic tasting Imperial IPA!  It has a blast form hell hop character with noted of citrus and sweet.  It just sits on you tongue and sip after sip you're left wanting more!  It's definitely a top 5 double in my book!  Sitting here typing I'm having a hard time remembering all the things about this beer that made is special reason being I left part of myself in Denver on that mountain and I was so fucking exhausted that I don't think I was able to enjoy this beer as much as I otherwise would have had I been sitting on the Porch of Wisdom.  But the thing that made this beer a great experience is I was able to enjoy it with Steveo who if it wasn't for I woulda never pushed myself up that fucking mountain!  Hopefully I'm able to find a bottle somewhere and give it another try, or you find one and let me know!  Until then...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment