Thursday, July 11, 2013

MY FATHER CIGARS @MyFatherDPG


Seems like apps like Cigar Monster (Iphone) or Famous Smoke magazine are always reppin My Father cigars!  I see them in reviews and publications getting high marks!  The Mad Men finally got to me because I finally decided to get on the My Father wagon and get me a stick to try!  I picked this one up at Binny’s around 3 months ago!  If you read enough of my posts then you know I’m not a big fan of cigars from Nicaragua…probably because I’m a pussy!  My Father is a Nicaraguan cigar so I was taking a chance dropping a 10 spot on a cigar with tobacco I’m generally not a huge fan of!  Anyways I bought a My Father Robusto Natural and it was…




Country: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Full
Length: 5.5
Gauge: 52
Price: $10.00

My father cigars were created by Jaime Garcia, son of renowned Tabaquero Don “Pepin” Garcia at Jaime’s My Father factory in Esteli Nicaragua.  These full-bodied beauties are handcrafted using a blend of Nicaraguan longfillers and a hybrid Ecuadorian Habano Rosado/Criollo wrapper.  The smoke’s initial crack of pepper rounds out to reveal a complex brew of spice, wood, coffee, and a kiss of caramelized sweetness.  If you thought his father made great cigars, wait till you try Jaime’s…it’s a must smoke!

FUCKING AMAZING CIGAR!  I thought this may have been the best Nicaraguan cigar I’ve had and I just may be changing my tune on Nicaraguan cigars!  The cut was true and the dry-draw of this cigar was excellent!  It was a flavor monster as well!  The billing above was spot on.  I got a blast of black pepper right of the bat which I think is common with most Nicaraguan cigars!  About an inch it changed to a woody flavor with spicy undertones.  The middle to the last part of the cigar was creamy –smooth with caramel notes and some more spice!  This indeed was a complex cigar but most important it was damn good!  I liked this as much as the Nat Sherman No. 2 I had a few weeks back and it was one of the best smokes I’ve had all year including Cubans!  I highly recommend this cigar to anyone along with eh Nat Sherman No. 2!  I’d definitely put a few more of the My Fathers in the Ark! 

No comments:

Post a Comment