Thursday, July 18, 2013

MONTECRISTO PETITE EDMUNDO


Sometimes you just have to indulge.  You just have to say “fuck it” I want the best of the best!  In the case of cigars that would be an authentic Habano or Cuban cigar.  I have around 50 in the Ark!  So this past week after dropping around $150 on a bottle of Rye whiskey, tequila, and 5 cigars I decided to celebrate by myself on the porch of wisdom with a Montecristo Petite Edmundo!  It’s nice to be able to do that anytime you want.  It’s called freedom.  Freedom entails not listening to skirts complain and driving you up the wall, no crying kids, barking dogs ect…just a man and his thoughts smoking a premium Cuban rolled cigar with a glass of premium spirits!  I will say this though, absolute freedom is a lonely place to be, but it’s nice once you get used to it!


Country: Cuba
Wrapper: Cuba
Strength: Medium
Length: 4.3
Gauge: 52

For more than thirty years no new format has been created in its size range but it was worth the wait.  The name “Edmundo”, the main character of the novel after which the brand was named is chosen for the cigar that Habanos S.A. hopes will shortly play the lead within the brand.  An historical event like this one has been possible due to the effort, dedication and love given by the Cuban Agriculture and industry to the creation of a format that faithful consumers of the brand have long been demanding.  Its exquisite tobacco blend has been prepared exclusively with selected leaves from Vegas Finas De Primera in the region of Vuelta Abajo in Cuba!  A rich and powerful cigar showing loads of coffee flavors such as roasted coffee.  A refined sweetness makes this a perfect smoke for those enjoying big ring gauge Havana Cigars!

The best cigar I’ve smoked to date was a Cuban Montecristo Edmundo!  So naturally when I had an opportunity to purchase a few boxes of its smaller form I didn’t balk!  These have been in the Ark since January.  I bought them as an early present for the anniversary of my divorce as a show of financial freedom.  Boxes of Cubans are not easy to come buy nor cheap!  So as I relaxed last week with a glass of Whistlepig I cut, lit and smoked the Petite Edmundo for the first time! 

The initial draw was rich and crisp like every Cuban I’ve had.  I got woody notes along with some earthy spice as well!  Each draw was flavor filled yielding a rich tobacco flavor unique to the Cuban cigar.  I can tell you for about an hour I enjoyed every puff!  There were coffee hints but they were masked mostly by the burnt wood noted that were strong in this smoke!  Although not as creamy smooth with buttery hints like the Edmundo this cigar did have some moments where it became buttery and creamy!  The finish was slightly strong not flavorful! 
This was just a great cigar!  I won’t smoke them very often, but when I do you can bet your sweet ass it will be for a special occasion that will not involve any women or drama lamas!  It will be me as always free, alone and with my thoughts relaxing and taking in the big picture!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment