Monday, July 1, 2013

NAT SHERMAN TIMELESS COLLECTION DIVINOS @Nat42nd


This is the second Nat Sherman Timeless Collection cigar I’ve tried in the past month.  I bought a 5-pack of the Nat Sherman Timeless Collection Divinos prior to buying the No. 2.  I’ve had these babies in the Ark for around a month now so I figured it was time to smoke one and see if it was as amazing as the No. 2…and it wasn’t. 

Country: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Honduran
Strength: Medium
Length: 5
Gauge: 32/50
Price: 8.49 (Emerson Cigar)

The newest of the Nat Sherman cigars, the Dominican are a wonderfully unique blend of aged Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers, held with a Dominican binder, and finished with a gorgeous Honduran wrapper. 

I would guess the Divinos was a figurado shape. It was a well made, tightly rolled cigar, so tight that the draw was a little tough.  I had to roll it around in my fingers a bit to loosen it up to improve the draw.  The start was a little bitter and with the tight draw it was a bit of a pain in the ass to start.  I had a hard time keeping it lit as well.  About an inch or so in the harshness began to fade yielding woody and leather notes.  Midway through it became a little roasty.  The finish was smooth and roasty with maybe some cedar notes.  Compared to the No. 2 this was a dud!  Maybe it was still a little green too considering it’s been in the Ark about a month now.  I think I’ll let the remaining Divinos sit for a year or more to see if they come to form.  Right now I’m a bit butt-hurt because I was anticipating a good smoke especially after I smoked the No. 2.  Oh well, I’ve had so many great cigars of late it’s about time I swing and miss!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment