Monday, July 22, 2013

WHISTLEPIG RYE WHISKEY @WhistlePigRye


When a guy decides to buy a bottle of rye whiskey you'd think he'd dip his toes and try something in the area of modest...well I'm not any guy and I don't dip my toes in anything!  I'm new to the world of rye whiskey.  Rye whiskeys contain mash that is made from 51% malted rye.  I read several reviews and did some painstaking research before settling on what to buy and I did it big, I bought a bottle of Whistlepig Straight Rye Whiskey!  

WhistlePig produces a 100-proof, straight rye whiskey, aged for at least ten years through a unique double-barrel process.
WhistlePig was released in the summer of 2010 to great critical acclaim, earning 96 points from Wine Enthusiast, their highest rating ever for a rye whiskey, a “highest recommendation” from Spirits Journal, as well as accolades from The Wall Street Journal, GQ, Forbes, Maxim, Imbibe Magazine, and many others. These extraordinary honors “humble and set a high bar” for Master Distiller Dave Pickerell.
WhistlePig embodies the perfect combination of proof, purity, and age — hitting “the sweet spot” in all three categories. In short: more rye, all the proof, and the perfect age. All in. Full stop.
like I said in the intro I don't just simply dip my toes, I jump all the way in!  I paid $70 for this bottle of Whistlepig!  Now some of you fucking retards who like to refer to yourselves as "ballers" might not think this is a lot of money and to you I say go fuck yourselves.  You're not a professional athlete, you're not filthy rich, and you're sure as not a fucking "baller"!  That term is ghay as fuck and I guarantee me and everyone else makes fun of you behind your backs so go fuck off!  Anyway I paid $70 for the Whistlepig!
I knew I made the right decision when the manager at Binny's was pretty stoked when he saw I was buying it (Whistlepig).  I asked if he tried it yet and he said "no I'm not a baller"!  Ha!  Actually he said he hadn't but he was going to get a bottle.  I hope he reads this review!
The Whistlepig was fucking awesome!  If every bottle of rye whiskey tastes like this then sign me the fuck up!  I could tell right off the bat that it had been aged 10 years in oak because the oak character jumped right off my tongue.  Notes of honey, spice, and woody smoke were also prevalent.  I added a few drops of distilled water and this created a monster!  Sweet notes of caramel again jumped off my tongue.  This was by far and away one of the most flavorful whiskeys I've had.  I am now a big fan of rye whiskey and I highly recommend Whistlepig to anyone who is a fan of whiskeys.  Ballers and Shot callers, I recommend you drown yourselves!  But seriously give Whisltepig a try!  I paired it with a Cuban Montecristo Petitie Edmundo and it was an awesome combo!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment