Monday, August 5, 2013

VICTORY STORM KING @VictoryBeer


I love hoppy beers.  I mean hoppy as a fucking bunny rabbit on crack.  The Higher the IBU count the harder my penis gets with hop-enthusiasm!  So it’s only natural I’d like a stout that has a nice hoppy bite like Victory Brewing Storm King Russian Imperial Stout! 

Style: Russian Imperial Stout
%ABV: 9.10
Brewery: Victory Brewing Company, Pennsylvania
Beer Advocate:  92 Outstanding!

The first time I tried Storm King was at 3Floyds brew-pub last summer.  At that time Storm King was a guest beer at the brew-pub.  For those of you not familiar with the guest beer moniker, it when other breweries as an act of good faith carry other rival brewer’s beers on tap which is cool and honorable.  It’s no surprise you see these breweries getting together on occasion and collaborating on new and interesting beers.  This also is a pretty good indication that most craft breweries are run by dudes and not a buncha catty broads because we all know women, especially rivals, don’t get a long at all!  But us dudes, we just roll with it!

While at 3Floyd’s I noticed Victory’s unique tap handle for their Storm King…it looked like a spitting image characature of one Kary Von Eric (RIP).  It was crazy looking so in my inebriated state (I was prepping for the Golden Werewolf turn) I ordered up a snifter (8 oz glass) of Storm King and was instantly blown away by the flavors!  The beer pours a nice deep, dark espresso color with a creamy looking head like most stouts.  There are plenty of bubbles that rise to the top!  The first sip was a hop explosion.  I had to do a double take to see if this was really a stout!  After a few more sips and some general warming Storm King yielded its espresso and dark chocolate notes.  If you’ve never tried this beer and are a lover of stouts I don’t bullshit when I say this is one of the better Russiam Imperial Stouts I’ve ever had!  The way the hops, espresso and dark chocolate notes play with one another is truly amazing!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment