Tuesday, August 20, 2013

TTT TRINIDAD RESERVE SHORT CHURCHILL


The TTT Trinidad Reserve Short Churchill is one of the most pleasant smokes I’ve had in a long time and I actually forgot I had a few in the Ark!  I bought these little babies on sale from JR Cigars about two years ago in a tin of 10!  I dug one out for last week’s Dude Golf Outing in Terre Haute, IN at Ray Park!  Me, Cookie, the Assassin and Snake all met up for a pretty awesome day of golf!  BTW I found 6-packs of Schlitz for $3.21!  WOW!  Dangerous!

Country: Honduras
Wrapper: Maduro
Strength: Full
Length: 4.5
Gauge: 54

Bolder than its Dominican predecessor, the full-bodied Trinidad Reserve is rolled at the Honduras La Flor De Copan factory.  With an excitingly peppery taste, thanks to the Ecuadorian Cubano wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, and aged Honduran and Nicaraguan fillers to provide smooth balance, this rich cigar is often enjoyed by the experienced connoisseur!

I don’t remember the first time I had this cigar, but I will remember it from now on!  It was one of the most peppery smooth cigars I’ve ever had including recent Nicaraguan puros!  It was very well constructed with no soft spots to the touch.  The cigar cut clean and had a very spicy smell in the foot.  The dry –draw was very woody.  After lighting the first few puffs were just as I described…peppery.  In fact the whole smoke was peppery and spicy with subtle hints of cedar and earth.  I enjoyed this cigar a lot and I think this would be an everyday cigar for anyone who’s in to full-bodies smokes!

The TTT Trinidad was so good in fact that after we finished eating at 7th and Elm the Assassin proposed we go to the Club Koyote!  We rolled up to the titty bar around 6 Illinois time (that’s when they open) and paid the $5 cover!  After the dude at the door took out cash and stamped our hands he then let us know that the ladies weren’t dancing for another hour!  Assassin asked the idiot why he didn’t tell us that prior to us dropping $5!  So we had to figure out our next move.  Assassin proposed going down the package liquor store and getting a 12 pack of beer and sitting on our tailgates and drinking for an hour to which I replied “yeah that’s a bad idea”!  I then proposed driving home and getting Kool-Aid to drive us back to which when asked her said “I’m tired, but I’ll do it”!  So Kool-Aid shit, showered and shaved then picked the Assassin and me up and we headed to West T where we spent the next 4 hours with “TITTIES IN OUR FACE”!  Wow it was a long night and there was no Zombie Dust involved!!  Thank you TTT Trinidad!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment