Monday, August 5, 2013

LA AURORA PREFERIDO COROJO @LaAuroraCigars


One of the things I find cool about cigars are all the shapes they come in.  There seems to be too many to keep track of and every time I turn around it seems like someone has released a unique shaped cigar.  I often find myself wondering what shape President Clinton screwed hi intern with?  For the last few years I’ve seen the uniquely shaped La Aurora Preferido cigars from afar, never actually pulling the trigger and buying one.  However the other day as I was drowning from office boredom I was surprised that my Cigar Monster App had a 5 pack sampler of the various Preferidos made by La Aurora so for a mere $21.98 with free shipping I took the plunge!  The first entry from this pack that I decided to try was the La Aurora Preferido Corojo!




Country: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Full
Length: 5
Ring Gauge: 54

La Aurora Preferidos Corojo cigars are entirely handcrafted using only the most select Cameroon, Brazilian and Dominican long filler tobaccos, deftly rolled in La Aurora’s highest quality, Dominican-grown Corojo Wrapper leaves.  The result is a full-bodied cigar that’s perfectly balanced, rewarding the smoker with earthy flavors set off by a delicate, peppery undertone.  While definitely not a cigar for the novice, the cigar is an absolute must-try for the experienced cigar smoker!

Normally I let every cigar I buy sit in the Ark for at least a month to acclimate to my humidor and absorb the awesomeness of its brethren.  However I channeled my inner female demon, became impatient and tried this here cigar well before I wanted to! 

I had to double cut this baby.  The figuradoesque shape is always hard for me to judge and I noticed the draw was a little tight but after the double cut it perked right up and was near perfect.  The light was easy and the burn was average.  Midway through I had a slight runner and needed to hit it with the lighter because it was unable to correct itself!  As I mentioned the draw was fantastic.  Right off the bat the cigar had a pleasant taste and aroma.  I got notes of earth and leather with hints of spice.  The billing says full strength but I didn’t get that.  I would say this is a medium-full smoke!  I did get a note of nutmeg and a hint of cream but the cigar never really developed into the flavor monster I was anticipating!  Like I mentioned I got this in a sampler.  The Preferido Corojo retails for $15.50 a piece.  I didn’t feel I got a $15.50 cigar and was mildly disappointed in the end! 


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment