Thursday, August 15, 2013

TWO BROTHER'S HELIO-CENTRIC ALE @TwoBrothersBeer


Every so often you pop the cap on a beer and it’s just a great and enjoyable beer, not unlike a stripper with a nice face, tits, body who also has a great personality and a good head on her shoulders!  I give you Helio-Centric Braggot by Two Brother’s Brewery!

Style: Braggot
%ABV: 7.50
Brewery: Two Brothers Brewing Company
Beer Advocate: 78 OK, Horse shit beer advocate!

I bought this bomber around last November!  I’ve been meaning to drink it but never got around to it until I looked in my bar and found I had around 40 bombers of beer and felt real guilty and decided I needed to start sharing this beer with my bros!  So I did just that during a recent beer and cigars night! 

This was an awesome beer.  To describe the taste, it tasted almost like a barrel-aged ale but without the strong alcohol taste.  A Braggot also called bracket or bracket is originally brewed with honey and hops, later with honey and malt-with or without hops added.  This was definitely brewed with honey and malt because it had that sweet taste characteristic of meads with a malty body and finish!  The beer poured a nice deep, dark amber color, actually almost the color of honey!  There was little to no lacing on the glass and a minimal head!  There were definite notes of honey throughout which should be the fucking case with an ale brewed with honey!  What struck me was the heavy malty flavor which accentuated the honey notes! 

I loved this beer.  It was one of the smoothest beers I’ve had this year that didn’t involve an insane amount of hops along with an alcohol content that would make a guy stay out till 1:00 am on a Wednesday night!  I believe that the Helio-Centric is a seasonal ale by Two Brothers and I plan on getting a few bottles this fall! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment