Thursday, August 15, 2013

SURROGATES SKULL BREAKER @SurrogatesCigar


Skullbreaker, pretty bad-ass name for a cigar no?  Well this cigar by Surrogates lived up to the name for once and Daddy was happy! 

Country: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Strength: Full
Length 5.25
Gauge: 52
Price: $7.50

Surrogates is a cigar line blended and rolled by My Father Cigars in Esteli, Nicaragua for Pete Johnson’s Tatuaje brand.  Surrogates is meant for those smokers that enjoy full bodied, spicy cigars which are also very full in flavor.  Distributed by L’Atelier Imports, Surrogates boasts itself as a “Limited Edition quality at an everyday price”!

I bought this cigar around a month ago at Binny’s after reading a review in Cigar Press magazine.  The review was positive enough to convince me to drop some cash and grab the Skull Breaker.  This particular cigar is a belicoso shape with a deep, dark almost espresso wrapper.  The cigar was well constructed.  The dry smell was roasty and strong with tobacco aromas!  After I cut this baby the draw was great.  I lit it up and right off the bat strong pepper notes exploded onto the scene just like a Nicaraguan cigar should!  The pepper notes stayed strong for a few minutes but soon changed as notes of earth and leather began to form.  Yet again the cigar changed adding spicy notes.  The finish wasn’t anything special as the most enjoyable part of this cigar was the first 2/3rds

I enjoyed this cigar a lot.  I was curious as to what the Surrogates line was all about and I found out.  At around $7.50 a stick I think they’re a little overpriced but I’m not a business expert.  I doubt I’d buy anymore just for the simple fact there are so many good cigars out there that I feel I need to keep trying different things and reviewing them for my own database!  If you’re feeling adventurous and have some cash laying around then try a Surrogates Skullbreaker! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment