Monday, June 17, 2013

NAT SHERMAN TIMELESS COLLECTION NO. 2 (@Nat42nd)


If you read the article on the Cohiba Siglo VI then you now know what a celebration cigar is!  Well how do you follow up an excellent celebration cigar?  You follow it up with a gloating cigar!  The art of the gloat cigar is something I came up with last summer when we celebrated Turbo finally settling up with his crazy X!  The gloat is when you basically celebrate the fact you celebrated!  So I decided to get on Emerson’s Cigars and buy a 5 pack of Cigar Aficionado’s No. 10 on their 2013 Top 25 Cigar list…The Nat Sherman No. 2 from their Timeless Collection!

Country: Various
Wrapper: Honduran
Strength: Medium
Length: 6.25
Gauge: 52
Price: $8.00

The newest of the Nat Sherman cigars, the Dominican Timeless Collection No. 2 is a wonderfully unique blend of aged Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers, held with a Dominican binder, and finished with a gorgeous Honduran wrapper. 

It would seem that every cigar I’ve smoked recently has been damn good….that trend is holding steady especially after smoking the Nat Sherman Timeless No. 2!  To be blunt this cigar had some balls.  The medium strength is misleading in my opinion.  The draw was excellent and smooth with a dry taste of earth with a hint of sweetness!  The burn was true and the ash was very nice and strong.  Right off the bat I got hints of wood and cedar as well as notes of coffee and caramel.  Towards the middle the cigar became slightly spicy with more earth notes giving way to a silky smooth strong finish. This was a well balanced cigar with a full flavor profile!  I absolutely loved this thing!  I would even consider a box purchase at some point to age these because I’m sure they’ll only get better with age!  I should note that I paired the Timeless No. 2 with a glass of Ymazaki 12 year Single Malt Whiskey.  I’m starting to dip my toes into Japanese spirits and the Yamazaki 12 was a great jumping off point.  It was great with this cigar! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment