Wednesday, June 12, 2013

ALESMITH IPA @AleSmithBrewing


This basically the first beer I’ve had from AleSmith.  Well technically I’ve had a collaboration beer between AleSmith and Stone Brewing that being Dayman Coffee IPA!  If that beer is any indication of what AleSmith brings to the beer table then one would assume they bring their giant beer cock!  They did just that with their IPA!  I bought this beer about 6 months ago at Binny’s. To be honest I’d forgotten about it until I tried Dayman a few months back.  So I dug the IPA from out the back of my giant storage cabinet and took it to the Ginger Ninja’s cookout a few weeks back and I was pleasantly surprised how much I loved this IPA!




Style: American IPA
%ABV: 7.25
Brewery: AleSmith Brewing Company, California
Price: $5.99
Beer Advocate:  95 World Class (Definitely)

This was a very fruity and piney IPA.  The beer poured a nice light amber color and had a nice foamy head with a lot of lacing on the glass!  First sip and it was a hopplosion of flavor!  I got notes of fruit, citrus followed by a bitter dry finish.  Not sure what the IBU count is on this but I’m sure it’s around the 70-80 mark.  This was a highly refreshing beer and I’m pretty sure it would be a great summer beer!  I actually prefer this beer on the colder side which isn’t how I normally drink my IPAs.  I was at Binny’s this past weekend and I picked up another Bomber of AleSmith IPA…I bet it doesn’t last as long on my shelf this time around!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment