Tuesday, June 25, 2013

GHOST BY GURKHA @gurkhacigars


I’ll admit I’ve been harsh, maybe even worse on Gurkha cigars!  About the most thing they’re famous for in my mind was that a Gurkha was allegedly what Bill Clinton shoved up his interns cunt before he blew his load on her dress!  Maybe it’s the fact that mega retailers like Cigars International and Thompsons promote the fuckin shit out of Gurkha or maybe it’s because they have a shit load of different blends, but I just haven’t been a fan of Gurkha…until I tried the Ghost-Angel!

Country: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Maduro
Strength: Medium
Length: 6
Gauge: 52

The Ghost blend showcases a dark Brazilian, Arapiraka maduro wrapper, complimented by an aged Dominican criollo 98’ binder and carefully selected Dominican and Nicaraguan filler.  Ghost is a rich, medium bodied cigar with a multi-layered flavor profile providing sweet and earthy undertones with lingering flavors of cocoa and cinnamon.

Yeah the above press release description pretty much nails this cigar (Ghost).  I smoked the Angel which was a staggering 6 X 52.  It came in a tubo which resembled something I’d use on my girlfriend in the bedroom!  If the Ghost wasn’t the best maduro cigar I’ve ever had then it’s close to it!  It was pretty much like smoking a desert!  The draw was incredible.  The burn was even and true.  I smoked the damn thing to the label without losing the ash!  WOW!  Ghost wasn’t a complex cigar.  It was just smooth and flavorfully rich from start to finish!  I detected strong hints of dark cocoa and coffee along with earthy to nutty undertones throughout the smoke.  It took me nearly 2 hours to finish this thing.  What was most impressive was the amount of smoke the Ghost gave off.  Thick aromatic smoke seemed to ooze from every part of this cigar!  It was just a great smoking experience!  It totally changed my opinion on Gurkha cigars!  I definitely plan on trying more offerings from Gurkha in the future as well as adding some more Ghosts to the Ark!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment