Wednesday, June 12, 2013

H. UPMAN VINTAGE CAMEROON


A few months back Glacier and I went to a cigar tasting at the WabashValley Cigar store.  We were lucky enough to get a free sample of The Legacy by H. Upman.  It was a very tasty cigar and strong too because at some point I started to get the cold sweats along with the rubber legs!  Now if you’ve read my Partagas Serie D post then you know what usually happens when I get a little too cavalier with a smoke!  Anyways I ended up buying a 5 pack of the Legacy but the best thing  was I met some cool dudes and became a member of the Facial Hair Club of Terre Haute!   But this post ain’t about that or the Legacy!  I was searching through the Ark the other day looking for something to smoke I hadn’t tried yet…the H. Upman Vintage Cameroon was there just minding its own business so I snapped it up and got down to business at the Ginger Ninja’s house warming party!



Country: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Medium
Length: 5
Ring Gauge: 52
Price: $6.00

The H. Upman Vintage Cameroon is a throwback to the early days when all H. Upman cigars in this legendary line were wrapped with Cameroon leaves.  Boasting the very best Cameroon wrapper that lends this exemplary cigar a light and complex aroma and filler blend of Dominican, Nicaraguan and Peruvian, this incredible cigar provides unique essence that’s slightly sweet and very flavorful.  It’s a must have in any humidor.

The cigar was very well constructed coming in a nice cedar sleeve.  I know I basically creamed my pants over the Don Carlos, but lemme tell ya...this H. Upman Vintage Cameroon was excellent!  The draw was near perfect!  A few puffs indicated to me this was going to be an enjoyable and silky smooth smoke!  Most cigars I smoke start off pretty good and then change for the better only to have a disappointing finish much like me in bed!  This was not the case with this cigar!  The Vintage Cameroon got better with each puff.  I definitely detected sweet notes with ever so subtle hints of spice. The smoke was rich and flavorful.  I love the Dominican tobaccos.  They’re so smooth as was the case with the Vintage Cameroon!  This was one of the most pleasant smokes I’ve had and I could definitely see myself buying a few more of these for the Ark!  Don't hesitate to pick one up and see for yourself!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment