Tuesday, April 2, 2013

FAT HEADS HEAD HUNTER IPA @FatHeadsBeer

It's not often I taste a beer and right off the bat I say "I like this, I like this a lot"...but that was the case when I tried my first pint of Head Hunter IPA by Cleveland's own Fat Heads Brewery!  I know I know me liking a beer from that hole Cleveland is absurd given my hate of the Browns, but that's just for the football team.  If Cleveland can have a brewery that produces a kick-ass IPA like Head Hunter then more power to em...I'm on board Cleveland, but fuck a bunch of you Brownies!  

Beer Advocate gives Head Hunter IPA a 98 which is the highest rating I've seen on any IPA I've tried! 

Before I give my review I need to give credit where credit is due.  Turbo discovered this beer at Fridays a few weeks back.  At that time I couldn't drink do to some health issues which I think I have gotten past?  Turbo said this was one of the best IPAs he had tried and admittedly I was skeptical because anything Turbo tries is the best ever!  But he was spot on!  This was a fantastic beer and maybe one of my favorite beers period.  

Head Hunter starts out with fruity, floral notes similar to that of 3 Floyds Zombie dust.  The citric-hops are very evident.  A hoppy, bitter taste in the middle with a full body slight malt to dry finish follows the floral notes. If I had to compare Head Hunter to another beer I would say it's most like a cross between Zombie Dust and Ranger IPA which are two of my favorite IPA if not beers period!  

If you like IPAs and you live close to Terre Haute, Indiana TGI Fridays have 7 kegs of Head Hunter IPA and I highly recommend you try it!

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment