Monday, April 8, 2013

LAGUNITAS SUCKS...IPA @LagunitasBrewCo

Don't let the title fool you, this is a fantastic beer!  When me and the boys schedules don't jive then GQB7 is wing...girl for road trips!  We've hit some cool dives up and sampled some great beers and had some saweeet grub as well!  GQB7 is cool as shit and she's up for having beers and doesn't get all weird after we kill BBQ at Black Dog!  She's fun...so take note ladies, there's at least one among your gender who's evolved past crying about ridiculous shit!

GQB7 and I went on a Binny's run in Champaign a few weeks back and decided to grab a bite to eat at the Big Grove Tavern!  I've heard it's an awesome place to grab food and brew!  Clowns make a Bacon Macaroni and Cheese...sounds like a good way to commit suicide!  Anywho we stopped in and ordered up a couple 10 0z glasses of brew!  Big Grove has a pretty nice selection of regional craft beers.  In fact Big Grove is a pretty swank place to relax have a beer and eat.  So if you're in Champaign and want to get some good grub downtown hit it up, won't be disappointed!  

As I looked at the menu I saw two (2) offerings by Lagunita, California's Lagunitas Brewery.  Both the beers were IPAs.  I've tried the regular Lagunitas IPA so I decided to try this Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga Substitute IPA!  

Beer Advocate rates Lagunitas Sucks a 97...that's right a fucking 97...BOOM!

I'm a huge Zombie Dust fan and I pretty much compare all my beers to it!  I'm not going to waste your time, this beer tasted very similar to Zombie Dust with a little more hop!  GQB7 even liked it and she isn't a big fan of the bitter stuff unless you're talking about me, I'm a tad bit on the bitter side if you've read Captain Fantastics!!!  

So on our way back home I decided to stop at Friar Tucks and see if they had any Lagunitas Sucks in bottle!  They did!  Like the over the top dude I am I decided to by a few 6-ers!  Got home and placed them in the beer stash!

I tried one the other night (pictures)!  Popping the top there is a definite hop aroma that you instantly smell!  Giving it a poor into a pint glass the color of the beer is a light to medium amber color!  The head is thick and full of bubbles almost dish sudsy.  The first sip you get the citri-hops and notes of floral with a tad bit of fruit!  The follow is a full hop flavor with slight slight malt and a nice hoppy finish!  If you've ever tried Zombie Dust I'd say Lagunitas Sucks is a little less floral and more hoppy!  It's now in my Top 5 IPAs and I have about a case now after a few more trips to Champaign!  I highly recommend this beer if you're a hop head like myself!  Pick up a 6-er at Binny's or Friar Tuck!!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment