Saturday, April 20, 2013

STONE ARROGANT BASTARD @StoneBrewingCO


This is an aggressive ale. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory–maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.


Beer Advocate rates Arrogant Bastard a 94 which is spot on for this beer!

This is how the label reads on the back of the aforementioned beer above!  And it's as advertised.  Few beers I've had are as compelling and tasty as that of TheBastard!  I first tried Arrogant Bastard back on a snowy night Christmas 2010.  The Bastard was an instant favorite of not only me but a few of my buddies as well.  I've never had a bad beer from Stone Brewing Co.  In fact Stone is on my bucket list of places to visit soon and I plan on doing so when I go to San Diego next summer to Comicon with Darth Mango!  

At less than $10 a 20oz bomber Arrogant bastard boasts a bold 7.2% ABV and a hoppy yet malty flavor profile.  I've had The Bastard with food, cigars, and by itself and it really doesn't matter it goes with damn near anything.  So if you happen to run across an isle of beer and there is a row of beer by Stone Brewing odds are Arrogant Bastard will be in lineup.  You should definitely pick a bottle or two up...if you think yourself worthy that is!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment