Wednesday, April 10, 2013

CASA FERNANDEZ MIAMI


Sunday evening I decided to sit on the Porch of Wisdom and have a stogie!  Lately the Glacier and I have been buying cigars like firearms.  We figured having over 300 cigars each was a bit excessive considering there are several in our collection we haven't even smoked yet!  So we made a pact to start smoking and rating all the brands we haven't had the pleasure of trying.  This past Sunday I decided to try my Casa Fernandez Miami robusto.

Casa Fernandez Miami is a 100% Nicaraguan Puro utilizing a variety of authentic Cuban seeds and "AA" tobacco leaf from Aganorsa. A unique super-premium cigar, the Miami exudes perfect balance, complexity, aroma and flavor.  Cigar Aficionado rates the Miami a 90.

The cigar was easy to get started.  Right off the bat I got a hint of it's full flavored rep.  It started out bitter and leathery.  I've had a lot of Nicaraguan cigars that have started similar to this.  The ash was brittle and fell off easy and had a dirty gray color.  The burn was uneven which can be attributed to the cigar being a little wet.  I had it stored close to my humidifier and I think I should have let it sit out awhile.  Midway through the cigar I got a lot of nutty notes with hints of coffee.  The draw wasn't particularly great and again this might be attributed to a bad batch?  

I thought the Miami was ok!  I have never tried a Casa Fernandez cigar prior to this.  I have seen a few adds for their brand and I was at Binny's a few months back and decided to grab one to sample.  Like I said I thought it was ok but nothing to write home about!  But don't let my opinion dissuade ya, crab one for your humidor and light it up and see for yourself!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment