Saturday, June 30, 2012

BEER N CIGARS 032712

This week’s Beer N Cigars comes to you from the Porch of Wisdom!   The Porch of Wisdom happens to be my awesome front porch!  It’s basically a place that's free from drama and make believe problems where only the truth can be spoken.  Ironically there are hardly women ever there…I know odd!  When the weather breaks the Porch of Wisdom is where we can be found enjoying a beer and good smoke while watching all the pieces of trash whom inhabit most of my town walk by sometimes trying to bum beer and cigars off us! 

This week’s beer is New Holland Brewery’s Dragons Milk!  I first had this beer back in May of 2010 when Steveo flew back for Chubadub Ding-Dong’s graduation from U of I!  I had a 20 0z bomber of it.  At that time I was in a real bad place which the rest of the night no doubt proved.  I wanna take this time to apologize to that really tall blonde broad I was extremely mean to, I’m sorry!  Anyway the second time I tried Dragons Milk was at Mogger’s, and I thought it was amazing!

Dragons Milk is a 17th century term used to describe the strong beer
usually reserved for royalty. This strong ale was aged in oak for over
120 days. The aging process extracts flavors from the wood, which
contribute to its complex character. Hints of bourbon flavor perfectly
compliment its roasted malts to produce a beer fit for a King.

ABV: 10%

Beer advocate rates it an 87

I paired this beer with a Trinidad Short Churchill by Altadis USA

Originally named after the city of La Santisima Trinidad, located on Cuba’s south coast, the name Trinidad now conjures up thoughts of a rich cigar with bold flavor. The dark, sun-grown Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper encloses a rich Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper and a filler blended from Dominican, Nicaraguan, and Peruvian tobaccos which creates a smoke that is rich and powerful without being overwhelming. Pure smoking satisfaction.

I should mention that Turbo the Korean Bowler brought a half gallon of Dragons Milk over and I supplied the cigars.  Turbo made a mistake, he didn’t put his beer tampon in.  Dragons Milk is 10% ABV so a few pints can do a number on you quick and couple that with a strong cigar you should be careful because you might find yourself sitting in your jeep puking onto my driveway trying like hell not to get vomit on your little piggy’s nestled away in your open toe sandals and eventually passed out on a couch for a few hours while your body tries to cope with the shock of 3 pints of Dragons Milk!  Some people can’t handle Vegas.  At least Turbo didn’t mistake me for a female and try to stick his finger up my arse!  Thank God for small favors!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment