Saturday, June 30, 2012

BEER N CIGARS 031412


This week’s beer offering is Double Dragonfly IPA from Upland Brewery!  Upland Brewery is located in Bloomington, Indiana! And I completely and utterly hate myself for liking a beer from that shit hole.  I hate Bloomington for many reasons, Indiana University, white trash pieces of shit, I could go on but it would bring back memories I’m currently working hard to suppress with alcohol, which is ironically what we’re talking about here.  Had I known prior to trying Double Dragonfly that it was brewed in Bloomington we wouldn’t be talking about it as this week’s beer because I would have never tried it based on principal!  Anyways I’m going to pretend this beer is made in some far off land that isn’t filled with fucktards who help people make bad life decisions! 

Double Dragonfly is a great IPA!  It makes my top 5 IPAs (dammit I hate this)!  It is a very smooth beer with just the right amount of hoppiness!  Now I like my IPAs on the warmer side and Double Dragonfly is no exception!  Its my opinion that IPAs, Porters, Souts, and most Ales are better enjoyed on the warmer side because I believe they become more flavorful!  Pilsners and Lager beers are excellent ice cold!  However the Assassin likes his IPAs ice cold, and Double Dragonfly happens to be, along with Ranger IPA, one of his favorite beers! 

With the Double Dragonfly Upland took their award-winning Dragonfly IPA and cranked up the malt and hops, but managed to hold onto the perfect balance their Dragonfly is known for. The result is a brew with a very powerful hop profile, matching malt character, and an enticing floral nose.  ABV: 9.1%IBUs: 80

Beer Advocate rates Double Dragonfly IPA an 82!

I pared Double Dragonfly with a Partagas Black Label by Cifuentes!  I had the Clasico size, which is 5.2 X 54! 

The Partagas Black Label line was developed in response to changing consumer dynamics and increasing interest in full-bodied cigars.

Extending the brand that boasts “the richest cigars in the world”, Partagas Black label cigars have been created to appeal to smokers who enjoy a rich taste in a big ring-gauge. 



Crafted in the uncompromising tradition of Ramón Cifuentes, Partagas Black Label is a connoisseur's cigar with a larger ring gauge and a richer, fuller-bodied flavor. The Partagas Black Label features a medio tiempo sun grown wrapper, offering a very full flavored and full bodied experience that will have your palates screaming for more. The Partagas Black Label is very smooth and rich with a deep aroma.  This is a favorite in everyone's humidor!

I actually had my first Partagas black Label over 2 years ago.  I like it so much I decided to buy a box (25 count) for my humidor!  However I only smoke one out of my box a year, and that is once every February!  I have a Black Label for Black February!  And before you ask, no it has nothing to do with February being Black History Month! 

The Double Dragonfly and the Partagas Black Label go well together.  The bitterness of the Dragonfly plays nicely with the full body flavor of the black label!  I like to drink IPAs with my darker wrapper cigars.  I personally enjoy the different flavor contrasts!  You can’t go wrong with either of these choices! You can find the Dragonfly in 6 packs for around $10.  The Partagas Black Label can be found in any cigar shop for around $7 a stick! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment