Saturday, June 30, 2012

BEER N CIGARS 032012


As I’m trying to write this week’s review I’m finding it difficult.  Reason being I’m depressed.  The weather is getting awesome and now every dirtbag piece of shit is walking around with their shirt off. On top of this they’re walking around with their baby momma pushing a stroller.  This just isn’t a fringe event.  Every time the weather breaks the great welfare migration takes place.  All these pieces of shit go down to the local “give me my free money” government facility and refill that link card and head to Wal*Mart to fill up their carts with steak, candy and Mountain Due wearing their baggy pants, flat bill ball caps with full tacky tattoos on display!  I love it, makes me feel great because there are like a million of these kids around here!  It’s depressing.  Anyways…

This week’s beer offering is none other than the (IMO) Best Beer Ever created by the gods…3 Floyd’s Brewing’s ZOMBIE DUST!  Now I first tried this beer about a year ago when I was in the second stage of recovering from divorce.  For those of you not divorced the second stage is called “relapse”, it’s an ugly stage, that’s all I can legally say!  Anywho my good friend Turbo the Korean Bowler was, how should I say it…the Christopher Columbus” of this beer.  He discovered it if you’re a retard!  We bought a gallon of it and sat on the porch of wisdom along with several members of the “He-Man Woman Haters Club” and drank it!  It was amazing, it allowed me to see clearly the reality that my life at that time fucking sucked and I needed to change and I’ve been hooked ever since! 

3 Floyds describes their ZOMBIE DUST as so:

This intensely hopped and gushing undead pale ale will be ones only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with our marvelous friends in the comic industry.

Beer advocate rates ZOMBIE DUST a 99, which is awesome!

If you haven’t tried ZOMBIE DUST then I highly recommend you do!  It really is an amazing tasting beer.  The place that serves it only gets a keg every 6 months and that is being liberal in my estimation!  So when it arrives, I get plenty and drink myself silly…fucking "Pirate Silly"!

I paired ZOMBIE DUST with an Alec Bradley Sun Grown cigar!  Alec Bradley is an interesting brand.  I read the company bio in an issue of Cigar Aficionado last year.  They have several offerings.  I decided to buy a sampler pack and this particular robusto size cigar is from said pack! 

Alec Bradley has offered plenty of highly rated cigars in the past. The brand is known for quality.  The Alec Bradley Sun Grown Robusto measures 5 x 50. The Sun Grown has quite a combination of tobaccos. Its filler is a blend of Colombian tobacco mixed with Esteli and Jalapa tobaccos from Nicaragua. The binder is from Honduras, the wrapper, is of the Brazilian Mata Fina variety. In terms of strength, the Sun Grown is said to cater to more experienced smokers with its full-bodied classification.At first glance, the Sun Grown Robusto has a striking appearance. This is mostly due to its two elegant wrappers that adorn its body. The top wrapper is very large and is loaded with intricate designs. It contains the Alec Bradley name and logo surrounded eye-catching graphics in gold, red, and black. The band below it displays the Sun Grown moniker. It's much smaller but also employs red and gold as its colors. As for the cigar itself, its Brazilian Mata Fina wrapper gives it a dark and oily look. There are a few minor veins present, but the cigar appears to be smooth and well constructed overall. It feels firm to the touch with no soft spots. Before lighting, there's an earthy aroma. The cold taste is of leather.

I’ve had several of Alec Bradley’s cigars.  The Tempus is by far my favorite, but the Sun Grown was very smooth.  I thought it lacked depth throughout the course of the smoke.  It seemed the taste hardly every changed from start to finish!  It just wasn’t as bold as the Tempus, but that’s to be expected.  They are both very different in their respective compositions!  The Sun Grown did pair nicely with the ZOMBIE DUST.  The medium to full-bodied taste of the Sun Grown flowed together nicely with the citrusy flavor of the ZOMBIE DUST!  You can get a pint of ZOMBIE DUST for around $5 or if you prefer 6-pack bottles for about $12 and the Alec Bradley Sun Grown runs about  $7 a stick!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment