Friday, May 3, 2013

DIAMOND CROWN ROBUSTO #4



Of all the cigars I’ve tried over the last few years there have been a few that I can honestly say were awesome and worth the money I’ve spent on them!  The Diamond Crown Robusto #4 is definitely one of those!  I first tried this cigar around 2.5 years ago on Thanksgiving Eve at Fridays.  I was by myself and I can’t tell you what I drank or ate but I can tell you the cigar I had was an amazingly tasty smoke…the Diamond Crown Robusto # 4.  I bought my first one at Smoker’s Choice in Bloomington, IL.  At around $11 a stick it was a tad on the pricey side especially for a cigar I hadn’t tried.  I bought it and it and after that pre Thanksgiving smoke it earned a place in my top 5 favorite cigars to smoke!

Country: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Medium
Length: 5 ½
Ring Gauge: 54

Packaged in elegantly-appointed boxes of 15, these aromatic cigars are expertly handcrafted by tabacalera A Fuente and the Newman families using only the finest tobaccos and aged Connecticut shade grown wrappers.  Several styles are available all boasting a 54 ring gauge.  The cigars are equally matched by Diamond Crown’s elegant line of Humidors, made exclusively by Reed & Barton.

I smoked this particular Robusto #4 the other night.  The cut was nice and clean.  Thewrapper has a smooth taste with a hint of sweetness.  The draw was amazing.  In fact it may have been too good because it didn’t take long for this cigar to get going and burn fast.  Like the billing above mentions this was a very aromatic cigar with hints of spice and cedar in the smoke.  The taste is equally impressive.  The strength says medium but I feel this cigar was more to the milder side.  The taste was smooth and creamy with nutty notes as well as sweet cream with hints of nutmeg.  The burn was true and the ash stayed on for a considerable amount of time. 




If I had to compare the Diamond Crown Robusto #4 to another cigar I would use the Davidoff
Special Series line of cigars in which the Short Perfecto is one of my all time favorites even more so than offerings from Opus X.  The Diamond Crown Robusto #4 may not have the balls  of the two aforementioned smokes but it’s my opinion this particular cigar can hold its own with any cigar in or above its price point and strength including some Cuban offerings.  I bought this particular cigar at Binny’s. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment