Wednesday, May 29, 2013

CUABA DIVINOS


One would think I’m on a string of smoking Cuban cigars…and you would be correct in that assumption.  It’s more of an impulse thing really.  I have several and they’re highly enjoyable so I said “what the fuck” and I started smoking em!  This little guy here was a cigar I decided to smoke after a few beers one night and I got bored! 

Country: Cuba
Wrapper: Cuban
Strength: Medium
Length: 3.9
Ring Gauge: 43

Cuaba released its first ever Limitada in 2008.  This continued along the same lines as the rest of their releases.  All the leaves (filler, binder, and wrapper) have been aged for at least two years.

For a cigar similar in size to my dick it was pretty tasty!  When I first got this I thought “are you kidding me” because it was so damn small and I paid $10 for it.  I remember thinking I was a dipshit and despite this being an excellent smoke I still feel silly spending that coin on a small stick!

The cigar is a unique figurado shape that all the Cuabas are known for.  This is a complex shape to roll.  After cutting the cigar I tested the draw, it was perfect and consistent with almost every Cuban cigar I’ve tried.  I lit it up and began to check for notes.  Right off the bat I tasted a creamy smoothness that is common with all the Cuban cigars I’ve had.  The burn was even and true.  Although not a complex cigar the Divinos had definite notes of spice and wood with subtle hints of nut at times.  It didn’t take me long to enjoy this cigar.  Despite its size and short duration I thought the Divinos was an excellent smoke.  Cuaba makes a larger sized version of this and I’m considering trying this one as well but at $17 a stick it may be sometime

No comments:

Post a Comment