Friday, May 31, 2013

A. FUENTE DON CARLOS @A_Fuente_Cigars


Rarely do I completely and utterly own a cigar…I did with the Don Carlos Robusto by Arturo Fuente!  I literally smoked it down to the label without any ash fallout!  That my friends is as perfect a smoke as one can get especially when the cigar is amazing like the Don Carlos!

Country: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Natural
Strength: Medium
Length: 5
Ring Gauge: 50
Price: $9.35

A rich African Cameroon wrapper over vintage Dominican filler give way to flavors both complex and refined.  The slightly sweet flavor produced by the select African Cameroon wrapper is in perfect balance with the savory aroma!  Flawless construction, a hallmark of Tabacalera A. Fuente ensures an even burn and smooth draw, unquestionably among the world’s most elite cigars!

I’m ashamed to admit I have a box of these and the price I got them for…well I might as well
have stole it!  I was at the right place at the right time!  Of all my cigars the Don Carlos is one of my all time favorites.  I’m not sure there are any other cigars in the Ark I can pull from and experience a guaranteed amazing smoke!  This is the second Don Carlos I’ve had from that box and it was every bit if not better than the first!  The draw is always amazing with this cigar.  The burn is even from start to finish, and as the picture shows the ash is a work of art!  The aroma is very pleasant as well!  I got hints of spice, wood, and cedar with subtle hints of vanilla bean.  Not a super complex cigar but ultra flavorful from start to finish!  The Don Carlos is one of those few cigars that you know will be good, bet on it!  A. Fuente is a great company.  I haven’t had anything from them that I didn’t like.  Consistency is their trademark I would have to imagine and they hit the nail on the head with the Don Carlos.  If you’re an Opus X fan abut don’t want to pay the $$$ then I highly suggest you get into the Don Carlos line.  I don’t notice much difference to be honest but a guys wallet may!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment