Thursday, December 12, 2013

VAMPIRE SLAYER BY CLOWN SHOES @clownshoesbeer

Here's a beer that I picture a bunch douchey goth phags drinking as they sit in a dark night club looking all sinister and pale!  Sadly I wasn't doing all that shit when I enjoyed this beer.  I was with my girlfriend in the comfort of my own home.  I bring you Vampire Slayer by Clown Shoes Brewing!

Beer: Vampire Slayer
Style: American Imperial/ Double Stout
ABV: 10.0%
Brewery: Clown Shoes, Massachusetts
Beer Advocate: 92 Outstanding

This was a fantastic double stout.  I got this beer at Binny's and to be honest I only bought it because of the goofy name.  I've had other beers from Clown Shoes and they were all great so I figured Vampire Slayer was gonna be solid.  Vampire Slayer poured a deep dark coffee color with little to know head.  What head it did have was a caramel color and not foamy but very bubbly.  The first taste yielded notes of coffee and dark chocolate with hints of smoke.  As the beer got warmer the chocolate notes became stronger.  The beer had a dry almost metallic aftertaste which at first I didn't care for, but it soon faded and coffee flavors emerged.  I'd buy this beer again to be honest.  It's a solid stout.  I'd put it in the upper, 2nd tier of stouts above that of Guinness and Murphy's but below the Yeti family of stouts.  

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment