Friday, August 3, 2012

G'KNIGHT @oskarblues

From my previous posts you can probably tell I have a raging boner for Oskar Blues beer!  I've reviewed both their Dale's Pale Ale and the Gubna which are both great beers!  Well here is a third beer from Oskar Blues that I absolutely love...G'Knight Imperial Red!  This is a most excellent beer and is described below in their (Oskar Blues) own words!

Our “Velvet M-80” is a hefty, dry hopped double-red ale with a nose full of aroma, a sticky mouthfeel, a malty middle and unctuous hop flavors. G’Knight sports a surprisingly sensuous finish for a beer of its size (8.7% ABV, 60 IBUs). It’s brewed in tribute to a fellow Colorado craft beer pioneer and Vietnam vet who died fighting a 2002 wild fire outside of our Lyons hometown.  For all the details behind this tribute follow this link to www.N3978Y.com. G’Mornin’.  G’Day.  G’Knight.


I first tried this beer in a flight when Steveo and I visited Oskar blues in May 2011 during my Freedom Tour!  This beer stood out and held it's own against its more hopped out brothers!  When I was in Colorado for the Bolder Boulder 10K I packed a 4 pack of cans and lugged those babies back here to Illinois and placed in my beer fridge at McHooligans!  

From start to finish this beer is great.  It's exceptionally smooth with a very distinct but not overpowering hop finish!  Actually if you're turned off by IPAs I would highly suggest trying Red Ales.  Red Ales are among my favorite beers because they're complex yet smooth with just the right amount of hops to make give them a distinct finish on your pallet!  

I have two cans of G'Knight left in the fridge and I plan on getting some more next trip out west so hopefully if you're around McHooligans for the start of NFL season I might be gracious enough o split one with you!  

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment