Thursday, August 2, 2012

CIGAR AND COGNAC

About a year ago I was circulating my Cigar Aficionado (magazine) around the office!  My buddy EDG read an article in this particular issue about pairing cigars and cognac!  We usually drink beer, scotch, or Amaretto on the rocks when we herf it up!  However EDG after reading the article decided to take it upon himself to buy a bottle of Courvoisier (cognac) and bring it on over to the Porch of Wisdom for a combo taste test.

SPOILER ALERT!

EDG thought it tasted like shit! 

 Although quite strong I thought the Courvoisier was smooth tasting!  Turbo who likes everything that other people don't like (just to prove he's better) loved it of course!

Flash forward to a few weeks ago and I decide to crack that same bottle and our myself a glass of lighter fluid tasty goodness and light up a stick!

I paired the Courvoisier with a contraband cigar Koolaid brought me back from his wanderlust trip to the Dominican Republic!  I have to admit that the Cuban-non Cuban-Cuban cigar went very well with the cognac!  The taste of both played well with one another (how ghay did that sound?)!  First few sips of cognac are a little rough but after you pop your cherry it gets smoother and smoother and maybe that's because you're catching a buzz?  Just this past week Steveo and I were at a cigar bar in Denver and I ordered up a glass of Courvoisier and enjoyed it along with a Crown and Ginger while smoking a Cohiba Robusto! I'll admit it was pretty fucking tasty and Steveo agreed!  The only drawback is drinking it makes you look ghay apparently as we found out when the extremely drunk little prick who decided to crash our man party asked Steveo and I if we "were together"!  So I guess my point is if you're gonna enjoy a cigar while having a glass of cognac...do it at home so you don't look ghay!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment