Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DALE'S PALE ALE


It's well documented that I'm an IPA-Pale Ale aficionado and a hop head to boot and among my favorite said beers are New Belgium's Ranger IPA and 3Floyds Zombie Dust, but right up there with those two is the near and dear to my heart Dale's Pale Ale by Oskar Blues Brewery!

I first tried Dale's Pale Ale over a year ago when I was out in Colorado hanging with Steveo on my Freedom Tour 2011!  If you read the Legend of the Wooden Elephant post then you know somewhere in that maniac's (Steveo's) tornado of micro brew touring we hit up Oskar Blues and like a woman who has common sense, looks, is happy all the time, and doesn't speak unless spoken to, I fell in love!

America’s first hand-canned craft beer is a voluminously hopped mutha that delivers a hoppy nose, assertive-but-balanced flavors of pale malts and hops from start to finish. First canned in 2002, Dale’s Pale Ale is a hearty (6.5% and 65 IBUs), critically acclaimed trailblazer that has changed the way craft beer fiends perceive canned beer.

Beer Advocate rates Dale's Pale Ale an 89 which like the GUBNA I think is a little low, but 89 isn't a bad score!

We nicknamed this the "Double Penetration Ale" (DPA)!  After several it became apparent that a nickname was in order for such a fine beer. As mentioned above it is the first craft beer to be canned.  At first you might think that's ghay, but think about it...canned beer travels a hell of a lot better than it's bottled counterpart!  Which brings me to my next point, you can only get DPA in Colorado or at least that's the only place my ugly mug can get it!  So I have to pack it in a checked bag and cans are easy to do that with!  If you're ever in Colorado definitely give this beer a sip!  Or if you're ever lucky enough to be invited to my compound I may give you one if you ask nicely or if you're a hot broad who doesn't have an opinion!  

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment