Thursday, October 10, 2013

NAT SHERMAN 1930 @Nat42nd

If you're a cigar smoker and you're not smoking Nat Sherman right right now then what can I say...you're missing out on some of the best smokes on the market right now.  From the look, feel, construction and of course the smoke, Nat Sherman is making a splash right now!  I had the pleasure of smoking two (2) sticks from the (Nat Sherman) Timeless Collection which were respectively the No. 2 and the Divinos.  The latest from Nat Sherman to be pulled from the Ark is the Nat Sherman 1930, and it didn't disappoint!

Wrapper: Dominican
Strength: Medium-Full
Length: 5.25
Gauge: 54

Right on the heels of the overwhelmingly successful Timeless Collection, Nat Sherman has unveiled the Nat Sherman 1930.  Taking its name from the year the tobacco icon was founded, the 1930 is one of the fullest Nat Sherman releases to date.  With notes of cocoa, pepper and earth with a smooth Nat Sherman style finish, the1930 will have enthusiasts begging for more!

This cigar was great.  I paired it with The Belvenie 12, but we're not here to talk about it!  I follow Nat Sherman on Twitter (@Nat42nd) and that's where I first discovered the 1930.  The minute Nat Sherman announced this cigar I combed the net trying to find it.  I did indeed find the 1930 and ordered a few to age in the Ark.  Here we are about two months maybe less later and I finally decided it was time to enjoy myself a 1930.  What first stood out was the look and feel of this cigar.  "Well Made" doesn't do this cigar justice!  The cigar had a great feel and the classic band gives the 1930 an eloquent look!  But there is more to a cigar than just look and feel.  I cut the cigar and the dry draw was excellent!  Upon lighting the first few puffs yielded a bitter-draw taste which quickly evened out to a nice earthly taste with subtle hints of spice.  Midway through the 1930 had notes of cedar and what I can only describe as a subtle menthol flavor followed by notes of wood and maybe cedar!  This wasn't what I'd call a complex cigar and I doubt it claims to be!  What it is is full flavored!  Very full flavored! I actually got the head swims as I got up to refill my Belvenie!  The burn on the 1930 was near perfect and the ash was solid as a rock!  I'm pretty sure I could have taken the ash down to the band but several pairs of shorts with small burn holes suggested I do otherwise!

The Nat Sherman 1930 was a great smoke and I highly recommend it to any enthusiast from novice (like me) to expert smoker!  This cigar was smooth throughout and I loved it.  I'm glad I have 5 more in the Ark to enjoy at a later date!  I hope someday to make it to New York to visit Nat Sherman's flagship shop...maybe when they banish Bloomberg and his Orwellian ass someday!  But this review isn't about politics, it's about a great cigar from an old company who's making a push to let everyone know that their a player in the ever competitive cigar industry with their great new cigar releases!  It is indeed a great time to be a cigar smoker!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment