Wednesday, September 18, 2013

BOLIVAR ROYAL CORONA

It's been a looong time since I've posted.  Writers block is a bitch and to be honest I've been too disgusted to write because of the Steelers shitty season.  That being said I've had some great beers and cigars regardless.  One was the Cuban Bolivar Royal Corona!  

Country: Cuba
Wrapper: Cuban
Strength: Full
Length: 4 7/6
Gauge: 50

Bolivar is a current pre-reolution brand, established in 1902.  It is classified by Habanos Sa as a multi-local brand, and has a minor market share.

The strength range comprises full strength cigars using tobacco from the premium Vuelta Abajo Region.  There is a Non-Cuban brand of the same name.

Cigar Aficionado rated the Bolivar Royal Corona a 93 so like the fish I tend to be I bought a couple and aged them in the Ark.  I decided to pull one out a few months ago and enjoy it with some bourbon.  The cigar had an excellent dry draw with a strong tobacco taste.  After lighting the first few puffs yielded thick, aromatic smoke.   The burn was very even.  I found there to be notes of leather and spice with a few hints of creamy finishing with a nice earthy note.  For a full flavored cigar I didm;t get light headed or rubber legged as in the past with powerhouses like the Partagas Serie D No. 4.  This was just a smooth and enjoyable Cuban cigar with a pleasant taste on the palette.  I have one left and can't wait to light it up this spring!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment