Sunday, September 8, 2013

3FLOYDs MOLOKO STOUT @3floyds

I used to be a stout guy, loved em whether they were in a bottle, pint, had a shot of Jameson in em, or I was pounding a pint and puking it back up in the glass and repounding said pint again in my show stopping move called the "Chickenhawk"!  Eventually I outgrew stouts.  I got tired of the traditional stouts such as Guinness, Murphy's and a few other well known brands.  They're bland taste is something I eventually outgrew.  But over the last few years as I've been extensively exploring the the world of craft beer I've discovered several craft-stouts that I absolutely love the shit out of and Moloko by 3Floyds Brewery is no exception!




Style: American Milk/ Sweet Stout
%ABV: 8.0
IBU: 30
Brewery: 3Floyd's Brewery
Beer Advocate: 92 Outstanding!

This is just a great beer.  Its deep dark almost espresso color fills a glass black!  With little to no head the beer just looks fucking tasty in a pint glass.  The first sip yields notes of dark chocolate and espresso with sweet hints.  As it warm up Moloko becomes creamy and smooth and more sweet showing its teeth a little more with pecan notes as well as other nutty tastes.  This is just a very rich beer that should be enjoyed at or a little below a cool room temperature.  Moloko is a fall seasonal from 3Floyd's and is out right now.

I love all the beers from 3Floyd's.  Moloko is just another great beer in a long line of amazing offerings from 3Floyd's.  If you're a stout lover I think you're pretty much obligated to try Moloko and add it to your beer portfolio!  I definitely will be getting another bottle for my collection!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment