Monday, September 3, 2012

DEVIANT DALE'S @oskarblues


It seems I'm always writing about Pale Ales and IPAs on this blog!  I'm sure it is total bullshit because I know most people prefer the watered down taste of rice beer like Bud Light or all American offerings from Miller-Coors.  For some stepping outside their box consists of trying a Sam Adams of some sort because it seems they have a shit load of beers, especially of the seasonal variety.  So me talking about beers (pale ales ect...) from Stone, 3Floyds, Oscar blue among others probably sounds like Portuguese! Here's some advice: step outside of your trailer or oversized diesel truck and try a real beer not horse piss!  I did just that when I stepped outside of my Dale's Pale Ale comfort zone and tried Oscar Blue's Deviant Dale's when I went out to Colorado for the Warrior Dash a few weeks back!

DeviantDale’s IPA (8% ABV, 85 IBUs) was born at the crossroads, in a juke joint, as if Dale’s Pale Ale sold its soul to balance Deviant’s foreboding aromas of citrus, grapefruit rind and piney resins with a copper ball-of-fire color and inscrutable finish. The 2011 GABF Silver Medal Winner (American IPA Category) is the Devil incarnate with untold amounts of malt and hedonistic Columbus dry-hopping. Oskar Blues’ southern spirit caught a northbound blues bus to ColoRADo to deliver the boundary bustin’ brewery’s first 16 oz. tallboy can.

BeerAdvocate rates Deviant Dale's an 89.

This beer is a Power house and I found that out after the first sip!  Son of a BIATCH!  At first drink I thought this was a Double IPA because it sure tasted like one, but it wasn't!  Oscar Blues has crafted a handsome IPA from the foundation of their Dale's Pale Ale!  This Beer is a two canner for me because anything more than two would fuck my shit all up which is surprising because of it's 8% ABV!  I usually can drink a few of those at that % but this baby here is a sipper!  I actually admit I struggled to finish this beer and that happens pretty much never with an IPA!  I need to give this another try and thankfully Turbo is bringing a few 4 Pack back from his Vision Quest!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment