Tuesday, July 3, 2012

PARTAGAS SERIE D NO. 4


I knew a girl once who was never satisfied with anything and always thought she was better than everything and everyone else.  I told her once "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it"!  Same can be said for me.  For the longest time I've been on a quest to try various authentic Cuban cigars.  After what seems like years but actually months of searching I found some Cubans.  I commandeered a 4 pack sampler from Canada.  Among said 4 Pack was the Cuban Partagas Serie D No. 4.  One of the cigar reviews I use describes the Serie D No. 4 as follows:





A Cuban Blockbuster.  It does not need a presentation; also writing an introduction may be disrespectful.  There is a lot to say, and we will never be able to summarize with some few words, the story and even the major points of the legendary D4.  Hands-down, this is one of the best robustos on the market.  This will go head-to-head with the Cohiba Robustos and hold its own.  A powerful smoke, this will give any cigar smoker an appreciation of the Partagas line!

Length: 4.8
Ring Gauge: 50
Strength: Full
Country: Cuba
Wrapper: Cuba


After reading that review I pretty much convinced myself that this was going to be my Thursday smoke. As some of you know the communist anti-smoking laws have weaved their way to Indiana.  So starting July 1st you will no longer be able to enjoy a cigar at any bar in Indiana.    Anyways to commemorate the last days of freedom left is that northern suburb of Kentucky we decided to go over and have one last cigar.  I of course chose the vaunted Serie D!  I've always wanted to try a full blooded Cuban and like I said up top; be careful what you wish for!  Indeed I got more that I bargained for!  The Serie D started off amazing.  Hints of pepper instantly filled my mouth as I took in the first drag.  What followed was simply amazing.  The Serie D is as advertised.  It's a full bodied titan of a cigar.  It took me a little over and hour to smoke it.  Towards the end I realized that maybe I shoulda taken longer.  The first signs were hot flashes and cold clammy sweat forming on my freshly shorn head!  After a few minutes it became apparent I was fucked up!  I called broken arrow and headed to the bathroom and began splashing cool water on my face.  That didn't help because my butt cheeks parted and I had to take a shit!  Now if you know me you know I don't shit in public but I had to make a judgment call! 

So there I was on the shitter working on a clean break.  My face was turning 20 different shades, I had sweat dripping off my head, I had the spins, cold chills, hot flashes…then when I thought it couldn’t get any worse I was overcome by the dreadful feeling of nausea!  In one quick ninja like move I popped off the pot spun around with pants still down and vomited all over the pretty little shit I just took!  Leaning forward I emptied all the contents of my stomach into the toilet not only coating that turd but my mustache as well!  In the midst of puke ecstasy all I could do was laugh and vomit shot from my mouth.  45 seconds later my face was pasty-yellow-white, my shirt was soaked with sweat, my mustache tasked like dumpster trash, but I felt awesome!  I think it took me about 100’ of paper towel to clean up and dry off!  I regained my composure and headed back to the bar…a defeated man!

Overall I loved the Serie D. Despite the fact that it owned me, it was a fantastic smoke up until the very end!  As a result I’m going to get a box of these and master them!  Getting sick, taking a public dump then vomiting on it wasn’t really what I had in mind for the last time I’d be able to smoke indoors in Indiana, but when you think about how terrible that state really is, it is kind fitting!  I highly recommend the Partagas Serie D No. 4! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment