Monday, February 18, 2013

UPDATE

It seems like forever since I've posted anything of note here.  No I haven't been in rehab for alcoholism!  I've actually been spending a lot of time working on McHooligan's as well as stocking up on craft beer and cigars.  I've discovered several good brews over the past few months.

Lagunitas out of California has been making some fantastic beer, and I've been lucky enough to find a few IPAs from them that I really like.  Windmer Brothers out of Oregon is another brewer that I've managed to stumble across.  I bought one of their special brews back in October and tapped it in January.  It was one of the best beers I think I've ever tasted.  It seems every time I head to Binny's in Champaign I'm dropping a few bills on different beers.  Right now I have around 30 Bombers in reserve and a few cases of 12 oz bottles just waiting for the weather to break and to start having Happy Hours again!

Cigars haven't really been as interesting as beer!  Sadly I haven't had a smoke since November, 2012.  We haven't got anywhere to smoke comfortably so I've just been quietly stockpiling cigars in my humidor.  I'm on a bit of a Cuban kick at the moment.  I recently acquired some Cubans and I can't wait to smoke a few this summer on the porch.  I've also picked up some premium dominican sticks as well. I broke down and dropped the cash for a few Davidoff Special Series T cigars.  I also by accident bought the Cigar Aficionado Cigar of the Year.  I stumbled across it at Binny's and said what the hell.

Something I plan on deviling into soon are single malt scotch and cognac.  I've been reading up on several different brands and ages of both.  I'm pretty stoked about the prospects of having a nice Cuban with either a glass of scotch or cognac.  But I gotta wake till the weather breaks, and that can't come soon enough!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment