Friday, September 6, 2013

HERRERA ESTELI BY DREW ESTATE @hererraesteli


This past weekend was the opening of the 2013 College Football season and I did everything but watch football…and that sucked!  I got a little depressed to be honest.  Regardless whether I had fun or not in my other endeavors I still missed that feeling of being a lazy sack of shit laying on my couch and watching shitty football games where the equally shitty ESPN commentators sucked each and everyone off including themselves in an annoyingly ghay cavalcade of ridiculousness.  So at the end of this Labor Day weekend filled with Shenanigans and Tomfoolery I had to, needed to relax and I did so with an awesomely bad ass cigar-the Herrera Esteli By Drew Estate!


Brand: Herrera Esteli By Drew Estate
Type: Robusto
Country: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
Price: $9.00
Strength: Full
Length: 5 ½
Gauge: 52

Master blenders from the famed El Titan De Bronze factory in Little Havana, Willy Herrera assumed the same title for Drew Estate in 2012.  The first project to bear his name for Drew Estate is the Herrera Esteli: a cigar that has taken nearly a year to blend and produce.  Comprised of Ecuadorian, Honduran and Nicaraguan tobaccos, the Herrera Esteli in unlike anything to ever come from the Drew Estate factory.  According the Herrera “it’s Cubanesque in natureand described as well rounded and flavorful but not too powerful”!

Of all the Nicaraguan cigars I’ve smoked this is by far and away my favorite and it’s not even close.  This also is hands down the best product from Drew Estate I’ve had including the ACID and Liga brands.  I had the Robusto from the Esteli line.  The cigar was well constructed as is the case with all Drew Estate products.  The cigar cut true and the dry draw was amazing.  I was shocked at how well it was because the Liga Undercrown and Privada both had terrible draws.  Upon lighting the harsh, bitter notes typical of Nicaraguan cigars were absent.  The first few puffs were a mildly peppery taste with hints of cedar.  There were varying notes of spice along with different degrees of pepper throughout the duration of the smoke.  At times the cigar became very woody with notes of leather.  The cigar burned nice and evenly for the entire smoke.   Overall this was an extremely pleasurable smoke.  It had some balls though because after I finished I got that swimmy head and rubber leg feeling as I stood up!  I highly recommend the Herrera Esteli line of cigars from Drew Estate.  They may be a little pricey but they’re worth it IMO! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment